A real estate franchise website with THE edge.
Any way you look at it, Laing+Simmons is a real estate franchise with a fondness for innovation. It takes a certain kind of boldness to set out to change the way a traditional real estate website works, and that spirit is summed up with LSRE’s mantra “Beyond The Expected”.
With that boldness in mind, we were asked to create a unique website that empowered their 40+ offices and agents with the tools to build relationships with more homeowners and investors whilst also setting the tone for all communications with the Laing+Simmons brand going forward.
“We chose Stepps because they are, by far and away, doing more interesting things than anyone else we interviewed in the market.”Leanne Pilkington Managing Director, Laing+SimmonsReal Estate Website Design by Stepps 55
A real estate website that makes sense
When building a real estate website, it’s crucial that you remember who you’re actually building it for. Secondly, who are your real competitors? And a hint, it’s not just the other real estate agencies in your core service areas.
Today, you’re competing for your clients’ attention against the major property portals, rating and review websites, comparison sites and social media just to name a few.
Your website is the only place on the web where you aren’t competing for attention.
And with the overwhelming majority of buyers and renters going to the portals to search for property, it makes little sense to make your website just all about listings. If you work for the vendor (and you do!), doesn’t it make sense to build a website to attract and convert more of them?
That was our mission with Laing+Simmons’ new website.
- An industry which struggles to differentiate themselves from one another
- A busy website with properties as far as the eye can see
- Lots of real estate jargon
- Confusing site structure trying to cater to everything on every page
The new approach
- An innovative franchise who care deeply about improving the lives of its members and their clients
- Clear and concise website navigation focused squarely on delivering new business opportunities to all stakeholders
- Real estate content, written in plain English
- Powerful ‘Google-friendly’ multi-office network allowing individual office access but built on a single domain
To achieve the goal of driving more business opportunities from the world wide web, our strategy advisors, content marketers and digital marketing trainers partnered with Laing+Simmons HQ throughout the development of their website to educate and inspire its members in a series of workshops and training events.
With a clear plan and killer content, Laing+Simmons offices and agents had not only the modern day tools but also the knowledge of how to attract more clients and keep the ones they’ve already earned using digital.
What resulted was a 3736.76% increase in Google rankings for each office in just four months (and it continues to rise).
- Digital marketing training and counsel to franchise group members
- Real estate website design, strategy and development
- Coreweb CRM integration
- Web hosting & maintenance
- Content marketing strategy
- Content creation
- Content publishing
Initial homepage concepts: